After dance we headed to the Youth Festival. It was a lot of fun for Norah. There was face painting, jumpy castles, hula hoop lessons, and a "cow milking" station. We also ran into several of Norah's friends there. She was excited to play with them. Russell, on the other hand, did not have such a great time. It was HOT!!!!! And he was confined to his stroller for most of the 3 hours we were there. Poor guy:( He so very much wants to be able to move around and participate in the world around him. Eventually he did fall asleep. 
One of the highlights of the festival was when Norah and I were playing with the hula hoops. A song started playing and we started dancing. I loved watching her little face with her eyes closed, swaying to the music, throwing her head back, holding my hands. It filled my heart (and my eyes). She was the epitome of living in the now.
After the festival we ran home and took a quick bath before William's 1st birthday party. I offered Norah some ice cream to help her cool down. She said "Mommy you look like you need lots of ice cream". I guess I looked hot:)
Today Russell and I spent a quiet morning at home. Norah and Brian went to the park and picked up a few groceries. This afternoon we went to visit the O' Neils and had a great time swimming and enjoying the sunshine.
It was a full weekend. A hot weekend. A wonderful weekend.
1 comments:
Wish I could see her dance recital. She is beautiful. I love the outfit.
xxxNanny
Post a Comment