Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Magic Has Only Begun

This weekend is the anniversary of mine and Brian's first date. Little did I know on that sunny day in May that my life would forever change. I often think about that day...... Brian standing there on the corner of King and William Street in his black shirt and jeans. I was wearing a black poncho and jeans and took that as a "good sign".

I remember liking him immediately. I think it was his smile or his big brown eyes. We spent 6 hours together that day and I knew that I wanted to see him again. I tell him that it was love at first sight for me. He laughs. But it is true.

Our first date was magical. And the subsequent dates were just as magical. Just when I thought things couldn't get better, they did. He was the most romantic and thoughtful person I had ever met. Picnics, poems, bubble baths, and long walks together.... Brian pulled out all the stops. The title of this post is the title of a poem Brian wrote for our six month anniversary. He read the poem to me as we had dinner in the restaurant at the same table as our first date. Now thats romance! I tell Brian he should write a book on how to romance the ladies. He tells me he is.

This weekend Brian and I will reminisce about our first date and how our lives have changed since that day. From breakfasts in bed and romantic weekends away, to nursery rhymes, diapers and tender moments with our little NoNo, we have grown as individuals and as a couple. Many things have changed but one thing I know for sure is "The Magic Has Only Begun".

0 comments: