Norah has started calling Brian "Daddio". We are not sure where she got this. Sometimes I get Mommio, other times Norah will call me "Me". We now call Norah Norio-cookie. She will refer to herself as Norio-cookie.
This morning Norio-cookie was looking for her Flintstone "vitanins". Brian wasn't able to find them, so I told them that the vitamins were downstairs. Brian returns to report that upon finding the vitamins where Mommio had said they were, Norio-cookie said "Mommio smart".
Norah LOVES her "vitanins". We have to keep reminding her that she is to only have one a day - she like to repeat "only one a day". If she persists on wanting another vitamin we satisfy her by having her feed the vitamins to us....it works!! I had forgotton how tasty Flintstone vitamins are!
Norio-cookie is very aware that her birthday is coming up. We've been talking to her about her age and how old she will be. However, when you ask her how old she will be her answers vary from "sixty five", "six" or "only one". Norah really enjoys hearing the happy birthday song and practicing to blow out her candles.
Norio is also becoming very aware of emotions. She has always been aware of other children's emotions. If she hears a child crying at the store, for example, she will say "little boy sad". Lately, she has been experimenting with different faces - a frown face, a mad face, a sad face, and a happy face. She is very expressive!! The other day when I picked her up from daycare I told Norah that Mom would have to go back to work for my 12 hour shift. Norah replied "Norah will be sad". I said "Do you miss Mom when she is at work?". Norah replied "I will cry at door". Awwwwww..........Interestingly enough, Norah did NOT cry at the door that night. Instead, she said "Norah (s)tay with dad, Mom go work". She gave me a hug and "tiss" and said goodbye.
Maybe it is all the practicing she has been doing -pretending that she is going to work. She will put on her purse, say "Norah going work" and will give me a hug and kiss goodbye. She will walk away, turn around and say "I'm back". I reply "Oh I am happy to see you! How was your day?". Norah says "good". I ask "what did you do at work?", to which she replies "go Nana's house" or "play with Maxi".
So much fun.......
0 comments:
Post a Comment