It is amazing.....how one little baby, right from the start, can change your whole life and fill your whole heart.
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Some thoughts
The more I read about child development the more I want to de-clutter, minimize and re-connect with nature. I would (almost) like to donate our TVs as well but I know that wouldn't go over well:) It is so easy to get sucked in to "media" and I see Norah becoming sucked deeper and deeper into the black hole. I need to get back on my "minimal media" band wagon. As a result, I am making a conscious effort to spend lots of time outside, in free play. I've been attempting to put away any toys that are noisy, flashy, or potentially overstimulating. Theory suggests that children respond best to realistic toys or toys that allow the child's imagination to shape its function eg. a card board box. I also think that when people ask for ideas of gifts for special occasions I will suggest things like music lessons, cooking classes, books, clothes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment