In November/December 2006 Brian and I started talking seriously about having a baby. We had discussed children prior to marriage but this time we meant business. We wrote "make baby" at the top of our wish list for 2007 that was written on our white board in the kitchen. I started knitting a baby blanket. Brian indulged me by taping TLC's Baby Story everyday so that I could watch it after work. By mid February little NoNo was a part of our lives; invisible yes, but very much present. It truly was a wish that came true! I am a big believer that when you focus your attention on something, put it in writing, think about it, you will receive whatever it is you want. Other wishes on our to do list included take ballroom dancing lessons, take a french course (that was mine), and visit Europe, Gros Morne, and Quebec City.
Lately I've been thinking about my wishes for 2008. I didn't give it much thought around the New Year because I was pretty busy with my little dream come true. Visiting Gros Morne is on our travelling itinerary for July. I don't think Europe or Quebec City will happen this year. We did take ballroom dancing lessons in 2007 and I took my french course. Of note: we still still suck at ballroom dancing and my french vocabulary is still around 10 words.....Oh well, its the process not the end result right? But what else would I like to accomplish in 2008? Resume yoga classes? Finish Norah's scrapbook? Entertain more? I'm not sure......all I know is that my main goal right now is to be the best mom I can be. I wish for Norah to be happy and healthy.......... and sleeping through the night by the time I return to work in November.
0 comments:
Post a Comment