I've been meaning to write these notes for a couple of weeks now.....
Norah is formulating many thoughts these days. She is not only categorizing items into big or small, she is making deductions. For example, Brian's bike is sitting in the garage. My bike is hanging from the ceiling. Norah pointed to Brian's bike and stated Dad, then pointed to my bike on the ceiling and stated Meem. Neither Brian or I had ever pointed that out to her. In fact, Norah and I have used Brian's bike so it wasn't by process of elimination. Amazing hey?
Another example of Norah making connections is this: one morning we were lying in bed and I said "it feels chilly outside burrrrr"; Norah replied "cold, snow, bopitty bopitty bopitty" (bopitty refers to the song I sing about Frosty the snowman 'thumpity thump thump look at frosty go'.....remember that song?). Norah blows me away sometimes.
Another curious example: At supper last night Brian had ordered "wings". When the wings arrived at the table, Norah said "buckbuckbuckbuck" pointing to the wings - she knew it was chicken!! How did she know that?
Norah amazes me everyday! From the examples above, to the times when she gives a me spontaneous hug, to the huge amount of love she has for life.....I am so blessed to be her Meem.
1 comments:
Wow Meem, she is sooo smart! Kiss her for me and tell her I am very proud to be her Neene :-)
Post a Comment