Saturday, April 2, 2011

Mom and Daughter Date

Norah and I had special 1 on 1 time today - 2 hours. We went to lunch at Kelsey's and then went for a walk to feed the ducks. We had such a great time together! I love Norah so much......and I really like her too......as a person, not just because she is my child. She has an amazing energy; a sophisticated sense of humor; an empathetic heart. I feel privileged to be a witness of her life and I cherish the special moments I have with her.

It is interesting to me that in the busyness of raising young children I experience "flow", the ability to stay focused in the present and really enjoy life as it is happening. I learned about "flow" in Occupational Therapy. I understood the concept but had never experienced it. I guess its just one of the gifts my children have given me :) Check out this link to get an overview of "flow" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_(psychology)

What allows you to experience flow?


0 comments: