Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Home again!

We are home safe and sound from our trip to Kalahari! You know you had a great time when when you start talking about your next trip on your way home (which we did today). As I wrote in the previous post, Norah really loved the waterpark. She couldn't get enough of it. And still talked about the "poo" on the way home. Brian and I were also impressed with the food, accommodations, and relatively short driving distance from Chatham. However, we did learn a few lessons that we will take into consideration next time:
1. Ask for a room close to the water park. Our room was, I swear, a 15 minute walk from the waterpark/restaurants. It really was the last room at the far end to the hotel. Needless to say we got our exercise.
2. Get a room with a kitchen.
3. I can't remember the other lessons we learned.
4. Brian says Bring beer.

On the way home, we stopped at the Olive Garden for lunch and did some shopping. We had planned to do some shopping for Brian but stopped at Babies R Us first.....and well, we managed to use up our time and money there. We bought some really cute outfits, a bubble mower, a pop up Sesame Street sing a long thing, an Elmo boat for the bath, 2 new book (one of the ones Norah fell asleep holding called the Ten Little Ladybugs), a present for Baby Mason, and ....I can't remember what else. So.......

5. If we plan to do shopping for ourselves DO NOT stop at Babies R Us first:)

Enjoy the pictures and video. You will have to use this link
http://picasaweb.google.com/bnlucier/Kalahari
Post some comments too so I know you are actually reading this blog:)

Just a cute FYI: for the past 2 nights Norah has fallen asleep with a book in her hand. It hasn't been the same book, but a book nevertheless.

0 comments: