Monday, April 6, 2009

Back to reality

Daycare daily report: Norah painted a picture today using green paint. Norah also played with the Easter Eggs and the shakers. Norah also went inside the tent and was laughing!!

Meem's daily report: I am blogging from bed tonight because I still don't feel 100%. And if I feel this way tomorrow I am taking a sick day. YUCK! However......There was a Kids Stuff Newsletter in our mailbox this morning. The newsletter had some great ideas for crafts & activities, songs & books related to spring, and other info. I was impressed. I was especially impressed with the article "From Child to Parent - 10 Commandments" because they really spoke to my parenting philosophy and I believe in living these commandments 100%. I will share them with you......

1. My hands are small; please don't expect perfection whenever I make a bed, draw a picture or throw a ball.

2. My legs are short; please slow down so I can keep up with you.

3. My eyes have not seen the world as yours has; please let me explore safely. Don't restrict me unnecessarily.

4. Housework will always be there. I'm only little for a short time - please take time to explain things to me about this wonderful world and do so willingly.

5. My feelings are tender; please be sensitive to my needs. Don't nag me all day long. (You wouldn't want to be nagged for your inquisitiveness.) Treat me as you would like to be treated.

6. I am a special gift to you; please treasure me. Hold me accountable for my actions, give me guidelines to live by and discipline me in a loving manner.

7. I need your encouragement to grow. Please go easy on the criticism; remember you can criticize the things I do without criticizing me.

8. Please give me freedom to make decisions concerning myself. Permit me to fail, so that I can learn from my mistakes. Then someday I'll be prepared to make the kinds of decisions life requires of me.

9. Please don't do things over for me. Somehow that makes me feel that my efforts didn't quite meet up to your expectations. I know its hard, but please don't compare me with my brother or my sister.

10. Please set a good example for me to follow. I enjoy learning more and more each day.

Reading this (and even typing this) almost brought tears to my eyes because it is so true. Norah is so precious, so open to learning and loving, so excited to exert her own independence. It is a beautiful thing......and something to be mindful of each day.

0 comments: